06 August 2009

Ste. Agnès: Fête de Lavande

Copyright 2009 Menton Daily Photo. All rights reserved.

Each year the medieval village of Sainte Agnès holds a lavender festival. We'll not only take a look at the Fête but also wander this lovely village which, incidentally, is the highest coastal village in Europe - 780 metres above sea level. As you can imagine it has a stunning view of the Mediterranean.

This pretty display is opposite the village glass maker and we'll be visiting this talented artisan too.

Looking back into the archives, where there are a few posts on Sainte Agnès (September 2007), I see I posted photographs that would be dumped in the 'trash' bin now. Probably that's true for many of us - we buy a better camera, we learn to improve our photography, and we continue our City Daily Photo journey.

11 comments:

  1. j'aime bien la deuxième photo, on a l'impression d'être dans une petite cour intérieure, tranquille, prenant le frais

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a junior member of CDP I appreciated the second part of your post. How true, and I'm speaking of less than a year in my case.
    Olivier is right, I like the first photo as image, but the second seems to say something about where it was taken. I am obviously waiting for the glass maker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, which bring memories, not of the lavender festival as we only ever were in Menton in September, but of the lovely village itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine the village smells divine during the festival. The second picture is especially effective in giving us context. Do you suppose, even without new equipment, the discipline of 'looking' every day helps improve our ability to 'see' with our cameras?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a knack for these kinds of shots. I can see your "signature" on them before I know it is your blog. That is pretty cool to have a style that is recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how wonderful ..i can just imagine this lovely village..More festivals, how great, this is where we lose out in the UK...my wish would be to live in Mainland Europe for a year or so, just to experience these delights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful!

    You guys have so many festivals! I love all your posts about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two excellent photos. I bet the scent in the air is heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great photographs. I bet the scent is heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love lavender and have it growing in my garden.

    I love how you celebrate life there. We could do well to take a page out of your book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails