09 January 2009

Village Wedding Revisited (36) - the Father of the Bride


Everyone is pouring out of the church and then turning to await the appearance of the bride and groom. The gentleman with the buttonhole is the father of the bride. Don't you love his expression? He is positively bursting with pride and justifiably so. And don't you think he could play Hercule Poirot?

---------------------------------

Results of the Caption Competition from two days ago. It was so difficult to choose a winner, because all the Captions were good and made me laugh. In the end I chose two different ways of interpreting what the boy might have said.

One is Marley from Cheltenham Daily Photo, who wrote: "Fancy giving that a go?" I liked the brevity of this - just an aside, as it were. It seemed to go with the boy's expression.

The second is Kate from Visual St. Paul, who perhaps got to the essence of what a child would really say with her choice - "Oh, gross."

A postcard of Menton will soon be on its way to Marley and Kate. Thanks so much to everyone who commented.

10 comments:

  1. Hola, Senorita! Muchas gracias! Although I adore the internet, I love getting snail mail. Eventually I suppose everything except junk mail will be phased out, but I hope that is an empty prediction. Nothing like getting a postcard, letter, or package delivered to your door. Do you suppose this is a generational thing? Nah! I send a note, letter, or postcard to each of my grandchildren approximately once a a week and they both LOVE getting the mail. Enough on that line... Your wedding photos continue pleasing us, and I'm happy that the wedding party appreciates it!! The father of the bride looks very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. He is postively bursting with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cultural event photos like this. That gentleman does look proud, and you captured it at the decisive moment. Very expressive, Jilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hercule Poirot, yes absolutely LOL !!!

    And completely agree with you that Kate's "oh, gross!" was one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your comment yesterday about your plan to make an album and the bride and groom's family checking your blog every day for more photos - I think it's lovely! Your pictures definitely deserve to be shown around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathalie, I didn't mean a printed album. I meant an iPhoto Album, via MobileMe, that has a link on the Internet. I'll send the link and one click and up comes all the photos. Then the pics can be whizzed around the Internet via family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, hercule poirot indeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. hercule poirot? Way out of my league. I must really be an antique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! That's made my day!

    I like the expression on his face, as you say - just bursting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how he's the only one facing the camera. Great Photo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails